An Attitude of Gratitude

This challenge blog will remain available indefinitely. The linky tool is now closed and the comments box removed. However if you wish to share your work the Facebook group is still open. There is a link on each blog post to the step by step journal pages on my personal blog.

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Day 13: Childhood Guest Post

Today's guest post is from Vicki Abrathat who owns A Sprinkle of Imagination.  She also blogs at The Biskit Barrel.  I asked Vicki to look at Childhood because I knew she would come up with something honest and possibly not quite what you would expect.  And she didn't let me down!


Starting Point:
What good memories do you have of your own childhood that you are thankful for?
If you have children, what things about them are you thankful for?

I find having children blooming hard work. Too many tears, tantrums, secret scribbles on walls and furniture. Noise, chaos, shouting and screaming. There are days when I wonder “were they just sent to destroy my life?” but then I amaze myself with the love that I have for them.  I would do anything for them,  anything to keep them safe.

I am grateful that I’m fit and well enough to see them growing up, maturing and become more and more independent each day.  I am thankful for their attitude to life. Brave, adventurous and extremely funny.   I look forward to continuing to watch them grow and be true to themselves. 

Thanks Vicki for your guest post today.